Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tomorrow is a New Day

Work has been crazy the last couple of weeks, and it's affecting EVERYTHING! So much for balance, right? I've been averaging 12-hour days - with my commute, I'm pretty much home to sleep, eat dinner, play a few rounds of fetch, and prepare for the next day! Duke and Wendy have been sticking to me like glue - those little puppy eyes make me feel so guilty after a particularly long day, but there's nothing like playing with them and sitting with them to help put things in perspective!

With all of these long days, I haven't made it to the gym in a couple weeks - it's simply not open by the time I get home! For tomorrow, though, I've made a decision - I'm going to get up and out to the gym before work. It will be rushed, but I think it's just what I need to clear my head and prepare for the day. I'm excited - but apprehensive! It's been awhile since I've had to "re-start" my workouts. I'll have to take it easy for a couple workouts to shake off the cobwebs, and I've decided to focus more on dynamic warm-ups to help reduce the likelihood of injury!

For now, I'm going to do Phase 1 of New Rules of Lifting for Women. I'm comfortable with it, and I know I'll get results. I'm also really really excited for Leigh Peele's Body By Eats which comes out later this month. If there's a program or two in that package, I will probably want to try it - I don't want to get too deep in something else at this point and not be able to make the switch. So, for now the focus will be physical readiness, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment