Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm back!

Again.... Seems like I'm having trouble keeping up with this whole blogging thing. Life has been busy, but not in a negative way - I've just been enjoying any available downtime while also feeling very rewarded at work. Of course, my good feelings about work are entirely self-driven - the kids are never going to come to me and say, "Thanks for grounding me last night. I really learned...." Ha! :)

I'm heavy into training for the Warrior Dash, which is coming up on September 19th. I spent the summer working my way through "Couch to 5k" which has been great! When I started in May, I never would have guessed I could be running for a full half-hour after only two months of training. I'm definitely trying to be mindful of form, mobility work, etc., to make sure I don't end up injured.

I've also started Jim Wendler's 5-3-1 strength training program to help me build some strength. I took a break from barbell training and focused primarily on kettlebells and then the TRX, but am really enjoying hitting the weights. It's been nice.

I don't want to start listing goals for blogging - this is supposed to be an outlet. I do, however, intend to make it more of a priority. If I fall apart again, I just may remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment